"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Disease and More Disease! When Will It End









I have determined it was not actually a calcium deficiency, but disease effecting my precious tomatoes. Out of the 80 I have had to pull approx 10 plants. removed diseased limbs. I am somewhat sure I have the dreaded Fusarium Wilt (no cure), and some Early Blight as seen in pic 5. Also possibly White Mold, according to the county extension agent. I have sprayed everything twice with a bleach spray which is a combo of 1 gallon of water and 5 oz bleach. Most of my plants look good. I am just praying that Fusarium doesnt spread around to everything thats left. I am going to purchase Copper Dragon per extension agent recomendation,and probably Mancozeb as well per someone's advise from a tomato forum. I had such high hopes for my garden this year. I am getting quite a few bloom on the tomatoes and also some setting fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment