"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Another Step Towards Growing More of our Food

     I have been making an attempt at growing more of our own food. I just think that the more we can produce on our own is healthier. Have you taken the time to read your labels, or listen to the news about how many more are sickened from contamination of our mass produced foods? Not a pleasant thought. My son recently bought a Jonagold apple tree and planted it in the front yard. We went shopping at Lowes yesterday and I found a couple of fruit trees at really good prices. Too good to pass up, even tho we have to haul them home in the back of the truck while pulling the fifth wheel. The apple tree is about 10 feet tall right now, and the peach is about 6 feet tall. both look very healthy.

For some reason this shot doesnt want to stay upright on upload. Sorry about that. I cant wait till these start bearing fruit. especially the peach. Here is a shot of the tags so I can remember the info on both.



No comments:

Post a Comment