"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Thursday, November 03, 2016

         My nephew is expecting his first child soon. A little girl. We all know how the thought of a new baby, especially a girl, can get our creative juices flowing. I created this little set for the coming baby by throwing together a couple of patterns. These are size 0 to 6 month size. Baby stuff comes together so quickly. I got the complete set done this morning. My 28 yo old daughter said... "cute"..."not my taste, but cute". lol. Just wait till she is expecting. She will be overflowing with these little things out of spite,lol. That will teach her.

I used the hat pattern from this site: HAT

For the pretty little flower and the shoes I used the pattern from here: SHOES 
I very seldom follow a pattern. I prefer to wing it and create my own on the fly. But this time, I wanted something quick that I didn't have to think about,lol. The designers of these patterns did a great job. They were very easy to follow.


 For the little shoes, I also crocheted little leaves and  attached them under the edge of the flower. I also crocheted a chain of 100 stitches then folded it in half. I pulled the center fold thru center of the back of heel about 1/2" then pulled the ends back thru that loop and snugged it down. Now mom can tie this around in front of ankle to help hold them on. You could also use ribbon if you like.
                                                  That little hat looks so tiny on my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment