"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

My first Machine Quilted Quilt

     My niece is expecting her first child. Its a boy! Her baby shower is in October. I got to work on my first quilt for a boy. I also wanted to try machine quilting again. In the past it was a disaster. This time it turned out a little better. I did shadow quilting. I am not 100% satisfied with it, but at least this time I had no bunching. Next time I will try the meandering style quilting. We left yesterday morning for Pigeon Forge, Tn. I usually like to knit, or quilt on the way, to keep me busy. So i opted to bring it with me and finished the binding and brder quilting by hand on the way down. I was able to get this little quilt done within 2 and 1/2 days. not too shabby.



PS: A Thank You to Laura at Lullabelles View for her encouragement and  instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment