"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Clingman's Dome, NC....Where's The oxygen!

        Today we rode the motorcycles to Clingman's Dome, NC. It is about 20 miles from Pigeon forge,Tn. The trail to Clingman's Dome is a very well maintained blacktop trail to the top of the mountain. it is only about 1/2 mile to the peak and observation tower. However it sure feels like much more. The air is thin, and with the exertion of climbing up the side of a mountain, it only takes minutes before you feel it. I am ever so grateful for these placed all along the edge of the path:
And believe me, I think I warmed up almost every one. I think between me and the couple in front of me, we made a pretty good tag team making sure every bench was visited,lol. The peak is 6,643 feet high, and the observation tower adds another 45 feet. It is well worth the trip and effort. Just take your time, make frequent stops if needed. I seen some people on their way back down that had to be in their 70's. Here are some more of the views:








This is the observation tower up ahead.

 This is a peak of the beautiful view from the tower.





No comments:

Post a Comment