"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Sunday, March 10, 2013

What a Difference Growing Room Makes!

   About  12 days ago, I transplanted a few of my cabbage plants. They are "Early Jersey Wakefield". I need to finish the rest of them, but I havent been feeling well for the past week or so. My fibromyalgia has been acting up, so I havent gotten much done until today. So after spending the morning in my garden transplanting 8 red raspberry plants out of the potager to the front of it along the fence, and transplanting my scallion seedlings to one  of the beds, i went to work inside. I made a huge, new growlight that will easily cover 3 large 72 cell seed trays. More on this in a bit.
     Secondly I took some shots of my cabbage seedlings. I had to! i couldnt believe the differnce bigger digs meant to these little guys.
                      Here is a pic of the ones I did NOT get transplanted yet:
the little ruler shoved to the bottom of the cell, shows this little guy doesnt even reach 3" dirt and all.
Now check out the growth on the ones transplanted about 12 days ago:


                                                                   And this one:

Over 4" tall, probably quadrupled in size. nice large leaves too1
Now I gotta get busy on the rest now that i have more room under lights.

:

No comments:

Post a Comment