"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Potager Is Finally taking Shape

  We worked all weekend on the potager, and things are finally starting to take shape. Its not as big as I first planned, but I figure its plenty for me to take care of anyway. I ended up with 3 beds instead of 4. There is still loads of work to do, but at least I can start planting. I put in my Latham Raspberry, and 30 Sequioa Strawberry plants. I also put in some wallflower seedings I had winter sowed. We still need to add the paths, stain the fence, and till the remaining beds. Oh, and finish the arbor and gate.



I just got done spreading mulch around the strawberries and giving them some water.



I think I need to wash my hands now.

Update, I just read where Bonnie Plants are updating their strawberry tags to show that these are June bearing strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment