"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Little Crochet Acorns

My daughter showed me a pic of some crochet acorn's that she found on the computer tonight. She fell in love with them, and wanted some. She asked if I could make them. well a couple hours later while watching a Christmas show on TV, this is what i came up with:
They work up very quickly and easily. here is basically how i did them.
1. Ch 2, 4 sc in first ch , join to first sc and ch 1
2. Sc in same joining space, and sc in same space again. Continue with 2 sc in each sc of row below.Join,
    ch 1
3. Sc in same joining space, and sc in same space again. 2 sc in each sc of row below. Join, and ch 1
4. Sc  in each sc in row below. Join, ch 1 . Repeat this row 6 more times. Tie off.
5. Now for the cap. Ch 17, and join. Make sure this loop will fit around the top of your acorn. if it doesnt 
     easily, separate and add or subtract a chain. Ch 1
6. Sc in each ch, join, and ch 1. repeat this row once more.
7. Skip next sc and sc in next one. Skip one sc, and sc in the next. Continue around , not joining, just 
     working in a spiral.
8.Continue  step 7 until you reach the very tip, and creat a little nub at the top, cut, and pull end thru loop.
9. Put a little bit of glue around the inside edge of cap. Stuff acorn, and push cap on and let dry.

Wouldnt these look adorable strung on twine to form garland and hung on the tree, or mantle? Or how about filling a little basket or bowl?Or even in a small nest and placed on the tree?


6 comments:

  1. Just came over from KP. These acorns are adorable! Thanks for sharing your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love KP, and thanks for visiting, and for the sweet compliment. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks kara. Let me know if you have any problems. I would love to see them when ur doen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your tutorials. Now I feel as though there is hope for me to try the process.

    As for the acorns: I have a dear friend whose daughter-in-law's name is like A Corn -- and I think a pair of these would be perfect on the shawlette I'm going to make for her. She chose the yarn.

    Thank you again, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad I have been some help.

      Delete