"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knit Dishcloth

I found this simple pattern free a few days ago. I fell in love with the stitch. It was so easy to work up, and has a wonder nubby texture. I forgot to bookmark the site, and I have spent hours going back thru my history etc trying to find it, but had no luck. I am going to post the pattern here, but if anyone recognizes it,please let me know so I can give credit to the original poster.

                                         And here is the final result, taken in much better light.



Knit Dishcloth


Cast on 39 stitches , knit 3 rows for border.
Row 1: Right side, knit across
Row 2: k3, (purl to last 3 stitches), k3
Row 3: K3, (P2,K1) to within last 5 stitches, then P2,K3
Row 4: K4, (K2,P1) to within last 5 stitches, then K5
Repeat these four rows 6 times ( or to desired length)
Knit last 4 rows
Bind off and weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment