"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pepperoni Rolls

My daughter has been wanting some homemade pepperoni rolls for supper for awhile now, but it always seemed I never had enough of the supplies. Well , this time I was prepared. I made a batch of 2 dozen large rolls. The bread recipe is a favorite I have used for a long time. I am not sure where I got it from. It is Amish White Bread. Its makes very nice ,light fluffy bread.
Here is the dough at the end of the first raising:

I am not used to this blogging thing, so almost forgot to take a picture of them before they were all devoured. Here is a picture of two I have left:

They were stuffed with loads of pepperoni, and hot pepper cheese. You can see one stick of pepperoni falling out. Here is the recipe:
                                                  ___________________
                                       Amish White Bread
2 cups of warm water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 pks active dry yeast
1 and 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
5 to 6 cups of flour


First proof the yeast by mixing the yeast,warm water, and sugar and let set a few minutes to let mixture foam up. The add the remaining ingredients and mix. Start with 5 cups of flour, then add remaining cup as needed to prevent it from being sticky. I like to use my stand mixer to knead, but it can also be done by hand. If kneading by hand, do so for about 10 minutes, slightly less by mixer. Then oil dough, cover and set in warm place to raise till doubled.Then pan out into desired shape (for loafs or rolls) and let raise again. Then bake at 350° for about 25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That bowl full of bread dough looks so beautiful. Thank you for sharing the recipe. My hubby is a bread lover - I think I'll make it for him. Love your blog and your gorgeous header :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used this recipe for yrs. My family loves it and it is so simple. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave such wonderful compliments.

    ReplyDelete