"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Sunday, August 25, 2013

New Apron, and I Am Ready To Cook!

     Today, I put together my first apron. I have been wanting one for some time, but I never seem to find time to sew for myself. a few days ago, I was frying something and ended up with grease spots on my shirt. Admittedly, a little Dawn got the out, but thats beside the point. After thinking I ruined my top, I decided it had to be done. This time I didnt even look for my least favorite scraps as I sometimes tend to do for crafting for my personal use,lol. Does anyone else do this? Save your nice fabrics for everyone else?
     Anyway, I started a pin board with a few aprons that I liked. This time, I used the free pattern and tutorial from here: http://thecraftsdept.marthastewart.com/2010/06/apron-tutorial.html
next time, I am going to draft my own that will have an oval bottom that curves upwards towards the back, and a nice pretty ruffle.
The embroidery frame around my name is my own digitized design.
My tiny, little 24 yo daughter is being gracious enough to model it for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment