"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Hip Purse For My Grand-daughter

       My 7 year old grand daughter had been wanting me to me her a new purse for a little while. Finally the other day while we were shopping, I decided to look for the fabric. I had her pick out her favorites. She loves dogs so this was an easy decision fer her. Good thing she chose, because I would have been looking a lot longer trying to make a choice. I wanted to embroider her name on it before construction, but my embroidery hardware was acting up. She didnt want to wait, so I finished it promptly. Yesterday, I was able to figure out a work-around on that glitch. But since it was already constructed it would be too difficult to hoop on the machine. So instead her little applique bone with her name was made into a patch. I stitched it on water soluble stabilizer then hand stitched it onto her purse. I think it came out very well, but more importantly she is very happy, so i am happy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment