"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dont Overlook The Vignette

     I just realized that I have been so obsessed with just the individual flowers, that I have truly been overlooking the vignettes they create. That is awful to admit. Especially when i love it when gardeners photograph the entire plant along with close-ups so i can see how the plant grows for them, not just the individual flower. Cameron of Defining Your Home, Garden and Travel Blog  is fantastic at observing and taking pictures of  how plants look grouped together.  How could I overlook this in my own garden. This realization finally hit me when I was taking some photo's of the newest blooms in my garden. I had taken what i thought was my last shot, and started to walk away, when I noticed how beautiful the vignette below looked. I love the look of the white lacy flowers such as Baby's Breath intermingled with roses. However I dont have any baby's Breath as yet. I never thought of  Penstemon Husker's Red being a "lacy" type flower. But as I walked by I noticed these beautiful whitish, pink blushed flowers mingling in with the pretty pink Peony. I am going to be looking at my garden in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment