"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Taking Cuttings

   This morning, I have been working a couple of hours taking cuttings of the Climbing Peace Rose, Madame Isaac Pereire Rose, New Dawn Rose, and the Unknown red Garden Rose. Also, I am trying cuttings of the Salvia May Night, and Salvia Snowhill for the first time. I already have more cuttings in the bed for the variegated Weigela, and Annabelle Hydrangea. Ocaasionally I list rooted plants on ebay, this helps to support my plant and seed habit,lol. A few of these roses will go to my son, and daughter-in-law if they root. If I get roots in a few weeks, I will be sure and post my method. In the past I have had only about 40% of the rose cuttings root. Roses are kind of hit and miss for me.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your cuttings.

    It is time to try to get roots before fall... I'm going to try to root a few salvia greggii that I want to repeat in the garden.

    ReplyDelete