"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Unknown White Climbing Rose

   I have two of these roses, both on separate arbors. They are pretty vigorous growers, and survive my z6 garden very well, even in clay soil, and very little to no amendments.It has some dangerous thorns, and not much noticeable fragrance , at least to my nose. They are a true white, and as you can see some buds have a blush of pink. I am trying to get them identified. If anyone knows this once blooming beauty, please let me know.
























This is not a small plant. These were taken AFTER we cut off 3'-4' branches on top growing towards the sky.It is growing from the right side, and dragging the ground on the left.

6 comments:

  1. Tammy, This is a beautiful rose. How lucky are you to have this one. I have looked in my rose books but I can't find it. Varities are limited with a bloom size of 1 inch. Look at the Antique Rose Emporium www.antiqueroseemporium.com website and see if that is any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I looked at all their climbers, and didnt see anything I thought was it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rose!! :D I have no idea what it is. I'm just jealous you don't have trouble with black spot disease lol. I've had to give up on roses :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kyna, I do have some occasional black spot, but not enough to worry about, and none on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, but it sure looks spectacular on your arbor. The Hartwood Roses blogger may be able to give you an ID.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it be Little White Pet - if it has opening pick buds it may well be

    ReplyDelete