"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away?"

Author: Unknown

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Clarksburg,WV



I spent a few hours today in the town I grew up in. Its not like I traveled a long ways. I make this 25 min drive once a week for shopping, because we live in a very small town. I can remember when there was a Five and Dime, GC Murphy, Mcroys, etc. One store used to have a small soda shop inside. I also remembering riding the elevator in the back of the store as a child. it actually had someone that was paid to just run the elevator their entire shift. You don't  see that anymore. There are some very interesting homes in the area. Old homes have such character. The workmanship seen in some of the places is outstanding. Time and talent that we no longer see  being used. Here are a few shots I took:



I hadnt really noticed this little house before, but it is so cute, I just had to share. it really is as small as it looks.


This next house, I always make sure I look for it when I am on this particular street. it looks just like a castle. I would love to know what year it was built in, and a little history about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment